GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
tallguy23

tuflow boundary conditions

I have a question.. i have LIDAR Data for an area and created the bathymetry through guesstimating.. But i have a question.. For this model.. At the stream gauge all i have is is water levels at the stream gauge, not flow values.. Would this be acceptable to use as a head water boundary condition? cause later i would like to introduce tidal values, as a stream level..

What would be the best way to go about this??

While it is not a hard/fast rule, it is generally best to have flowrates on the upper end of your model and a head boundary condition on the other side. Since this information isn't readily available, we can look for alternate ideas.

I'm a little confused about the model. You say you want to add tidal values later. Would this be in a bay, an ocean, or where does your model end exactly? Does the model start in a river? If so, about how far up? Is it upstream far enough that it is not impacted by tides? What is the purpose of the study?

If you answer the questions above perhaps it will be easier to help you along your way.

I have a question.. i have LIDAR Data for an area and created the bathymetry through guesstimating.. But i have a question.. For this model.. At the stream gauge all i have is is water levels at the stream gauge, not flow values.. Would this be acceptable to use as a head water boundary condition? cause later i would like to introduce tidal values, as a stream level..

What would be the best way to go about this??