GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
nidia85

inflow flux in the code

Hi,

I used the forcing of wind and inflow flux to simulate the storm surge,and I find there's some thing wrong with the inflow flux.Someone told me to check in the the inflow flux whether the model used the flux that I gived.

I looked the code of ADCIRC,and find that there're two parameters QNIN1 and QNIN2 when reading fort.20.So who can tell me the difference between them and whether QNIN2 is the real flux that ADCIRC used?

I want to receive your answer as soon as possible.Thanks!

nidia

Edited by nidia85

Hi,

I am not familiar with and could not find anything in the ADCIRC documentation regarding QNIN1 and QNIN2.

I would double check the flow near the boundary using an observation arc and a time-series plot (specify the type as flux, choose the velocity dataset and depth datasets). This should report the flux across the line.

If this flux does not match the flowrates you provided to SMS, please contact support@aquaveo.com and send us your files. We will see if there is a setup problem or a bug within SMS.

Hi,

I used the forcing of wind and inflow flux to simulate the storm surge,and I find there's some thing wrong with the inflow flux.Someone told me to check in the the inflow flux whether the model used the flux that I gived.

I looked the code of ADCIRC,and find that there're two parameters QNIN1 and QNIN2 when reading fort.20.So who can tell me the difference between them and whether QNIN2 is the real flux that ADCIRC used?

You can email me,my email is adcirc@yahoo.com.cn.I want to receive your answer as soon as possible.Thanks!

nidia

Hi Rusty,

The parameters of QNIN1 and QNIN2 are in the program of nodalattr.F in the code.

You told me to check the flow near the boundary ,"using an observation arc and a time-series plot (specify the type as flux, choose the velocity dataset and depth datasets)",I can't understand clearly ,so can you expain it for details?

Thanks!

Nidia

Hi,

I am not familiar with and could not find anything in the ADCIRC documentation regarding QNIN1 and QNIN2.

I would double check the flow near the boundary using an observation arc and a time-series plot (specify the type as flux, choose the velocity dataset and depth datasets). This should report the flux across the line.

If this flux does not match the flowrates you provided to SMS, please contact support@aquaveo.com and send us your files. We will see if there is a setup problem or a bug within SMS.

The best way to learn to use this is to do the "observation tutorial" section 12 (you can skip the earlier parts).

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Hi Rusty,

The parameters of QNIN1 and QNIN2 are in the program of nodalattr.F in the code.

You told me to check the flow near the boundary ,"using an observation arc and a time-series plot (specify the type as flux, choose the velocity dataset and depth datasets)",I can't understand clearly ,so can you expain it for details?

Thanks!

Nidia

Hi Rusty,

I don't have the paper of "observation tutorial",can you send it to me ?My email is adcirc@yahoo.com.cn,or can you give me the links?

Thanks!

Nidia

The best way to learn to use this is to do the "observation tutorial" section 12 (you can skip the earlier parts).

Let me know if this doesn't help.