GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sean Czarniecki

Vista Operating System

I've been transferring a model back and forth from a computer with XP to one with Vista and am finding that when I'm in Vista, the labels for the materials legend, borehole names, and horizon IDs all show up as symbols rather than text. Any thoughts on this? This occurs in both v6.0 and v6.5.

• Like 1

GMS 6.0 and 6.5 do not support Windows Vista. The next version of GMS will support Vista. You can run GMS on Vista but you will get these display oddities, typically dealing with fonts.

• Like 1

Hi,

i don't think that is good answer for many people. Can you fix that bug, if the problem is only with labels or fonts?

We just bought the software from EMS-i and nowbody mentioned that there are any problems with Win Vista. Do you

know maybe when the next GMS is coming out wtih upadtes for Vista? How much will the update cost?

thank you, matevz

Edited by matevz

Hi,

i don't think that is good answer for many people. Can you fix that bug, if the problem is only with labels or fonts?

We just bought the software from EMS-i and nowbody mentioned that there are any problems with Win Vista. Do you

know maybe when the next GMS is coming out wtih upadtes for Vista? How much will the update cost?

thank you, matevz

I am running Vista 64-bit and had all kinds of problems until I did the following

1) load gms into the c:/program files folder NOT the c:/program files (x(66) folder

2) move the tutorial files out of the c:/program files folder - apparently the protections in VISTA do not allow you to write or alter files that have been loaded into the c:/program folder

I assume the new version of GMS that is compatible with Vista will be take advantage of the 64-bit version?

When will GMS support MODFLOW 2005 and all its supported packages, including USZF??

Hi,

this is addressed to developers :

" Do you know or have an estimate on when the label problem with Vista will be fixed?"

Thanks, matevz