GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MarcoT

WMS8.3 TIN - create streams

Hi. I am a former WMS6.1 user. The only way to add additional stream segments to the existing TIN (streamnetwork)in that older Version was to use the breakline-command in the TIN modul. After creating a breakline (red highlighted) you were able to click on "streams"->"create stream".

And now in WMS8.3 the developer rearranged the buttons and menus in a way which makes it not immediately obvious how i could make use of the "create stream" function on an existing TIN with a river network. The "create stream" function is now in the drainage modul. However, the create breakline command is in the terrain modul. If i change from the terrain modul to the drainage modul the breakline disappears.

To cut a long story short, how can i add stream segments to an existing TIN (with streamnetwork)? So far, I didnt managed to get the "create stream" button active.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by MarcoT

While in the drainage module, right click in the toolbars and turn on the terrain data toolbar. This will let you create a breakline in the drainage module. Once you've created a breakline, you can select the TIN | Create Stream command.