GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Shiva

GSSHA streamflow

I extracted different hydrographs at different locations in the watershed. I found most of the flow coming towards the outlet was from down stream portion of the watershed (You can see in the attachment). So I created a smaller watershed (I deleted the upper portion of the watershed)for that area and I ran the model. But the smaller watershed hydrograph is showing less volume and low peak. With the original watershed, N-E branch portion giving a peak flow of 140 cms. But after I consider the small watershed with the same parameters, peak flow reduced to 55 cms. Why the flow is changing even though I used the same parameters. Please see the attached word document.Hydrographs.doc

Shiva,

Your document suggests that you're using radar rainfall. Is this so you can derive a basin average rainfall value, or are you using the radar rainfall grids to distribute rainfall over the watershed?

Clark

Shiva,

Your document suggests that you're using radar rainfall. Is this so you can derive a basin average rainfall value, or are you using the radar rainfall grids to distribute rainfall over the watershed?

Clark

Thank you for your reply clark. I am using radar-rainfall grids for my model.

Shiva,

If you're not using the rainfall grids to derive a basin average rainfall depth, it's hard to say what the problem might be without looking at your model. What other processes are you trying to model? Have you tried sending the model to tech support?

Clark

Shiva,

If you're not using the rainfall grids to derive a basin average rainfall depth, it's hard to say what the problem might be without looking at your model. What other processes are you trying to model? Have you tried sending the model to tech support?

Clark

Thanks clark. I sent my models to tech support and I am waiting for their reply.