GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anna

RMA2, an outgoing flow to be stopped during a simulation

Hi,

I'm now using RMA2, I am working on a lake with one incoming flow and two outgoing flows.

I would like to manage so that one of the ougoing flows opens only some hours every day in the simulation.

How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

Anna

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm now using RMA2, I am working on a lake with one incoming flow and two outgoing flows.

I would like to manage so that one of the ougoing flows opens only some hours every day in the simulation.

How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

Anna

Anna,

You would need to set the boundary condition to match what happens when it flows out of the model. For example, if you were using water surface for the boundary condition you would make a hydrograph with zeros until your at the time when flow is leaving the model and then you would put in a water surface elevation for a few hours and then zeros til the end of your simulation.

Cheers,

Cameron

Hi cameron

I am in the learning process on how to use RMA2.

I am interested to know how would you do the changing of the boundary condition for only few hours in the model.

Can we assign few boundary condition in one nodestring? Do you mean that I need to apply the dynamic state instead of steady state on this problem?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

You would need to specify a nodestring for each boundary, in your case you would have three of them. The run would have to be dynamic to account for the change in flow out of the model.