GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dfhill

ltea

If I have a scatter set, and a coast / ocean boundary, what is the exact sequence of steps to take in order to do an LTEA? The online tutorial is pretty confusing.

- Step 1. The 'initial mesh page'. After selecting boundary and scatter, do I hit 'continue' or do I hit 'stop and run'? Again, I have no initial mesh. Just the bathy scatter set and the outline.

-Step 2. The 'adcirc linear run page.' Do I hit continue or do I hit stop and run??

-Step 3. The LTEA page. Again, am I supposed to just 'continue' here or do I have to 'stop and run'?

If I have a scatter set, and a coast / ocean boundary, what is the exact sequence of steps to take in order to do an LTEA? The online tutorial is pretty confusing.

- Step 1. The 'initial mesh page'. After selecting boundary and scatter, do I hit 'continue' or do I hit 'stop and run'? Again, I have no initial mesh. Just the bathy scatter set and the outline.

-Step 2. The 'adcirc linear run page.' Do I hit continue or do I hit stop and run??

-Step 3. The LTEA page. Again, am I supposed to just 'continue' here or do I have to 'stop and run'?

I believe you have a choice to do either. You can either do it step by step and make sure it looks how you want it to after each step or you can just hit continue and run everything at the end. Each step creates/modifies something. Personally I would stop and run it after each step. When you run LTEA, you have the option to select something that was already done for each step or run LTEA.

Cameron

Hi,

When I used ltea I had to use the stop and run option because it insisted that you used the US tidal database which didn't cover the UK seas <_< I actually cheated in the end and instead of doing the initial linear run I simply grabbed the M2 tidal constiuent data and interpolated it onto the linear grid. I thought that this would give the model a better idea of the tides than the linear run. The results turned out quite nicely, although I can't remember all the details of how I did it now :(

Hope this helps a little

Ian