GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
harjadig

thermal dispersion

The Aquaveo website says that an RMA4 application is to "Trace temperature effects from power plants." Also, when looking at the the RMA4 documentation it gives example diffusion coefficients for Steady-State flow for thermal discharge to a slow moving river.

Dear support team,

I work to model thermal dispertion in river, can I use RMA4?

thanks

harjadi

Harjadi,

The Aquaveo website does state RMA4 is used to model thermal dispersion, but depending on the application you need to be careful. The xms wiki (http://xmswiki.com/xms/SMS:RMA4) states:

Although RMA4 has been used to measure temperature effects from such locations as power plant discharges, this is not a recommended application.

There is a lot more good information on the wiki that comes from experience on what is actually possible in RMA4 and what is not.

Cameron

thanks for all comment, so that which must i used?

harjadi

The only options in SMS would be RMA4 or possibly Hydro AS-2D at the moment. Other models are incorporating the dipersion capability but they are not for completed or for public use yet.

Cameron