GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prarxol

Outlet Hydrograph

Hello All,

I am using GSSHA model in WMS. I am using uniform rain in my model. I could see the stream depth and stream flow. BUT THE HYDROGRAHP SHOWS NO DISCHARGE. I have copied the some portion of summary file.

Can you tell me what will be the possible reason of not showing the discharge in hydrograph?

Thanks,

Prarxol

SIMULATION TOTALS

GLOBAL MASS BALANCE CALCULATIONS

All volumes are in cubic meters

Initial volume on surface= 0.00

Initial volume in channels= 0.00

Initial volume in soil over simple soil depth 287118750.00

Initial volume in groundwater= 0.00

Final volume on surface= 267122670.50

Final volume in channels= 126276747.94

Final volume in soil over simple soil depth 824422917.20

Final volume in groundwater= 0.00

Final volume of snow= 0.00

Total amount of precip= 1993880206.37

Total amount of interception= 0.00

Total amount of infiltration= 1600422568.52

Total amount of evaporation= 0.00

Total direct evaporation= 0.00

Total amount of exfiltration= 0.00

Total downward flux from unsaturated zone= 1062620055.75

Total flux of gw across bounds= 0.00

Total overland point sources= 0.00

Total channel point sources= 0.00

Volume lost to specified slope boundary: 0.00

Volume lost to specified head boundary: 0.00

Volume gained from specified head boundary: 0.00

Total lateral inflow into channels= 126276747.94

Total amount of discharge= 0.00

Mass balance error of surface components = 0.002439 percent

Overall mass balance error = 0.024400 percent

Simple soil moisture mass balance = 0.026402 percent

****************************************************************************************

I am new to gssha but it seems to me that your .sum file is saying that all the water is either being stored in the surface/channels or has been infiltrated. Load your surface depth (.dep file) solution to your grid, contour it, and look for any depressions. With that amount of volume remaining on the surface it should be evident where all the water is pooling up. When you find it you can edit your elevations to move the water. Also did you clean digital dams before you ran the model? Hope this helps.

I am new to gssha but it seems to me that your .sum file is saying that all the water is either being stored in the surface/channels or has been infiltrated. Load your surface depth (.dep file) solution to your grid, contour it, and look for any depressions. With that amount of volume remaining on the surface it should be evident where all the water is pooling up. When you find it you can edit your elevations to move the water. Also did you clean digital dams before you ran the model? Hope this helps.

On second thought, how long did you run it? You may have not given it enough time for the water to runoff. Try to increase the Total time and see if that helps.

I would check out what yacob suggested and, if possible we would like to take a look at your files to see why you are not getting a hydrograph. You can just email it to support@aquaveo.com

Yacob and Erik,

I contoured the surface depth file and i didnt find any depression (please have a look on attached pictures). No depth shown for the end or outlet point. I guess there is negative slope at the end portion.

I have clean digital dams (I have used hydrological modelling wizard. Last step of this wizard cleans the digital dam.)

Is it possible to create hydrograph at section of stream without re-running the model?

And is it possible to assign multiple outlet point so that we can view the separate hydrograph? (I have tried. I delineate multiple watershed. But could not run the model)

Thanks,

Prarxol

post-1550-128147544284_thumb.jpg

post-1550-12814754496_thumb.jpg

Yacob and Erik,

I contoured the surface depth file and i didnt find any depression (please have a look on attached pictures). No depth shown for the end or outlet point. I guess there is negative slope at the end portion.

I have clean digital dams (I have used hydrological modelling wizard. Last step of this wizard cleans the digital dam.)

Is it possible to create hydrograph at section of stream without re-running the model?

And is it possible to assign multiple outlet point so that we can view the separate hydrograph? (I have tried. I delineate multiple watershed. But could not run the model)

Thanks,

Prarxol

You can not create a hydrograph at a section of a stream without re-running the model.

You can have multiple outlet points each with a hydrograph, you just have to turn on the hydrographs (I think you double click on the outlet and check a box or change a pull down menu). I would follow the tutorials and see how they set it up. Looking at the following test case may help:

http://wmstutorials.aquaveo.com/Park_City_Tutorials.zip

Cameron

You can not create a hydrograph at a section of a stream without re-running the model.

You can have multiple outlet points each with a hydrograph, you just have to turn on the hydrographs (I think you double click on the outlet and check a box or change a pull down menu). I would follow the tutorials and see how they set it up. Looking at the following test case may help:

http://wmstutorials.aquaveo.com/Park_City_Tutorials.zip

Cameron

Cameron,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Prarxol