GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Hey, I'm currently using the Conceptual Model Approach to assign General Head Values to my Modflow-Model. I have two main aquifers, separated by a confining unit and I want to assign different head values for each. Since my grid expands over about 500 cells in vertical direction every aquifer extends over several grid layers, but height is not consistent over the whole domain. Is there any approach like assigning head values to materials? Thank you a lot, Jonathan
  3. I've seen that be resolved before by using the "clean..." tool under the Feature Objects menu. Maybe you have some dangling arcs or other things that make it hard to read all the way through?
  4. Bri

Modpath, Modflow-NWT

No problem! I'm glad I could help.
  5. Than you Bri. That works. Wonderful solution.
  6. Bri

Modpath, Modflow-NWT

I did a little looking on the USGS website, and it looks like it MODPATH works with MODFLOW-NWT, but you need to set IPHDRY to a positive number in the UPW package. I got that info from here: https://water.usgs.gov/water-resources/software/MODPATH/UsingModpathWithModflow-NWT.txt
  7. Hi, I have a working Modflow-NWT steady state model. However, it does not trace capture zones using modpath. Error message states as: " RUN STOPPED because cell thickness is negative" Does modpath work with Modflow-NWT? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Lalith
  8. Tamis

scatter as lidar

Is it possible to treat scatters with the lidar tools for classification and so ? i have the *.txt with points from a lidar flight, i want to use the classification tools to clean/eliminate high vegetation and buildings for example. Any contribution will be appreciate ... Regards! Tamis
  9. Earlier
  10. Hi there, When I want to map my conceptual model on UGrid (Unstructured Grid) , it works till 6% and then it shows the following error: "Boost. Geometry overlay invalid input exception" I stuck in this step and I need your precious help. Any points would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your time and help.
  11. Update - some confusion on the client's part. They were trying to install Arc Hydro which would require ArcGIS. Not sure if they have successfully installed GMS yet. Stand by... Ted I'm asking this question on behalf of a client - they are upgrading their GMS license to 10.4 (I believe that's the version - waiting for confirmation) with a single-user USB dongle. During the installation process of GMS, the installer asks for a ArcGIS license. They don't have one. What circumstances would require a license to ArcGIS? Is there a work around? Thanks Ted
  12. Thanks Michal, I will experiment with that and see if that approach gives me what I need.
  13. Hi Rachel, The problem is probably that the concentration observation file is not generated after your model finishes. Therefore PEST complains that it cannot find it. The reasons for this could be many. I suggest you to study how model equivalent concentration observations are generated with VM. Alternatively, you could do it manualy with MOD2OBS program from PEST utility suit for instance. When not sure what to do, read PEST manual.
  14. Hi, I think that what you describe could be achieved by general head boundary. Without specifying head at the boundary modflow cannot calculate groundwater gradient between the cell and the external region. So I think the problem is unsolvable the way you try to aproach it. I suggest using GHB package. If you have no information about heads outside the model domain, you could for instace specify GHB head the same as some initial model result head and together with lower conductance the head in the boundary condition cells will vary based on pumping/injection in the model domain. For higher conductance values the boundary will resemble constant head boundary while for lower values it will act more as no flow BC. The key is to find the right value which could be achieved through parameter estimation process.
  15. Hi Bri, thanks for the response. I am familiar with the references that you indicated. I often use the specified head and head dependent flux boundaries. I havent used the specified flux boundary, but that is not what I am looking for. What I am trying to set up is a boundary condition that will allow free flow across the boundary without restriction, so that the flow across the boundary will vary in time, depending on the amount of water that i pump into or out of the model domain. I don't want to necessarily fix the head across the boundary either because I think that would overly constrain the model. Not applying a boundary condition to that part of the model will create a no-flow boundary condition, and that is what i am trying to avoid. Is there a way to achieve the condition that I am looking for?
  16. If you just need a list of areas, one thing you can try is to choose File | Save As..., then under "Save as Type" choose "Attribute Files." That'll save a .txt file that has the area for all your basins. I hope that helps!
  17. The Online Guide to MODFLOW has a page about boundary conditions here. In short, there are three different boundary condition types, including a specified head boundary condition. You can look at the GMS Tutorials page for advice on how to set up your boundary conditions, especially in the tutorials labelled "MODFLOW - Conceptual Model Approach." I hope this helps!
  18. You may want to email this directly to technical support. They can be reached at support@aquaveo.com.
  19. If he goes into MODFLOW -> Global Options, he can find a checkbox labelled "Save native text copy." If he checks that and then runs MODFLOW again, he should get the native files in the MODFLOW_text folder associated with the project. Hope that helps!
  20. Thank you Chris24 for your support. May someone from the staff respond to this question, please?
  21. Is the default boundary condition in MODFLOW a no flow boundary? If so how would I create a boundary condition that allows flow, but has a fixed head at either end of the boundary?
  22. Hello and thanks in advance. The problem I have seems to be simple but not sure if actually possible. I am estimating the contribuiting areas to several outlets in an extended region, but canĀ“t get the specific area of each outlet as some outlets contribute to the others so I have now a Complex tree of basins that relate with the outlets in a complex manner. The Steps I have took are: -Import DEM -Run Topaz for delineating flows -Insert all the outlets that I need to know their specific basin contributing area (Around 300). -Delinate Basins Wizard. After this point I get the results and I can export GIS data of the basins calculated, but the relationship between outlets and areas is not clear. What I need is the lists of outlets with the full contributing area of each one, or at least the relationship matrix in which I can tell easily which basins contributes to which outlet. I Imagine there is a way of exporting this but can't find how to do it. I attach the .TRE file in which I can tell there is a way of knowing how each outlet node relates with each basin, but can't translate it into a simpler database matrix. Thanks again. Calculo Cuencas Zona Centro.tre
  23. I thought that might be the case, thanks.
  24. The entire layer is blocked. If you need it to stop at a certain elevation, you need to set the bottom elevation of the layer at that elevation.
  25. Does a horizontal flow barrier block the entire layer based on what layers your barrier coverage is assigned to, or can you set the bottom elevation of the barrier by clicking on the attributes in map view and setting the bottom elevation in the Z column. I have not seen much on line that has given me a definitive answer. All of the descriptive drawings always show the whole layer being blocked by the barrier, but that may be just for simplicity.
  26. Thanks for your response. I tried changing the timestep, changing the size of my mesh elements, etc. Only after I removed my pressure structure downstream did I get a smooth model run. I knew the problem was there. After a closer check, I had assigned the up- and down-stream low-chord elevations to the correct elevations (1500' or so) and I set the crest elevation using an elevation from another project (1300' or so). The model was trying to run water under 1500' but over 1300'. It was an operator error, but is there anyway to get a warning of this type of error in future releases? Something that will alert a user that these two elevations do not make sense? I know for future reference to check this area first but a warning would be nice. Thanks
  1. Load more activity