GMS, SMS, and WMS User Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. I will try to see if they can do this. Since this type of program behavior fits a classic malware attack profile, anyone running GMS has been banished to a trailer behind the office where there is no internet connection or connection to the server. So now we have no direct access to the project files on the server, and we are not allowed to put anything developed on this computer back on the server. We have never had this problem with previous versions of GMS, so I will see if we can go back to an older version of GMS. Below is a typical script from the batch files. REM -- Merge images including a created background color image. REM -- Created a 1 pixel image with display extents. "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin\gdalwarp.exe" --config GDAL_DATA "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin" -of GTiff -dstalpha -te 6005738.0000000000000 2110135.0000000000000 6021445.0000000000000 2120129.0000000000000 -ts 1 1 "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00005_action1out.tif" -overwrite "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out_image1merge1onePixel.tif" REM -- Give the 1 pixel image the background color. "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin\gdaldem.exe" --config GDAL_DATA "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin" color-relief "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out_image1merge1onePixel.tif" "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out.tif_image1merge2map.txt" "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out_image1merge3Background.tif" REM -- Combine 1 or more images using current display view. "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin\gdalwarp.exe" --config GDAL_DATA "c:\software\hydrologic\gms 10.4 64-bit\gdalbin" -of GTiff -te 6005738.0000000000000 2110135.0000000000000 6021445.0000000000000 2120129.0000000000000 -ts 1614 1027 "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out_image1merge3Background.tif" "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00005_action1out.tif" -overwrite "R:\Temp\GMS_19140\im00031_image2out.tif"
  3. I had a similar problem with an other program. Our IT managed to avoid it be generating a rule to allow the execution of bat files generated by specified program xxx. For this they needed a unique file hash of a bat file generated by the program. I just checked the net and the file hash can be obtained either with Windows Powerhell ('Search programs and files/powershell') or with 7-zip by right clickin on file name, CRC, and select encrypition (see image attached). Maybe your IT can go from here and find out how to determine the program that generated the file and then generate the rule. Or then our IT used some other method than file hash for that. Wishes, Heimo
  4. I have just upgraded to GMS 10.4 and I am having a compatibility issue with GMS and our Network security. Apparently with 10.4, whenever a graphics file, like an aerial photograph, is displayed, the program creates a temporary batch file that it executes and then erases. This happens for each aerial file you have in your project, and the batch files are created each time you pan or zoom your display. These batch files are considered security risks by our security software, and I get a pop-up asking me to allow/not allow the batch file to run each time I move my display. Each batch file has a different random name for each time the display is redrawn, so we cannot add an exception to our security software for the batch file. A typical name is C\Temp\GMS_21380\img00247_image2.out.bat. I have 9 aerial files in my project so I have to click OK on the security pop ups 100 or more times during a working session with GMS. Is there any way to have GMS not produce these batch files.
  5. Earlier
  6. Dear Lalith, Thanks for your response and precious feedback. As you mentioned, assigning the material type to the grid is a part of Horizons -> Modflow mapping. However, when I assign my Horizon to USG, the material of whole grid is first material of the Horizon, although I didn't face any error. Do you have any idea what can be the reason of this problem? Best regards, Aziz
  7. Probably, I am not understanding your question properly. This is my understanding based on my limited experience in USG and I can be wrong. You can't copy and paste material type in USG because layers are not retired to be continuous. In USG, assigning the material type to the grid is a part of Horizons -> Modflow mapping. You might need to make sure your boreholes and horizons match your material type requirement and map it. I think you need to contact Aquaveo for a definite answer.
  8. If your results are varying from one output timestep to the next, your computational timestep is likely to large. Just because SRH-2D ran to completion does not indicate that the results are correct. For a steady flow simulation, review the case_INF.dat file to confirm model stability. The last two columns of data are helpful to confirm stability. If the number of wet cells is still changing or oscillating at the end of the simulation, the results are not stable. Furthermore, if the final net flow flux is not less than about 2-5% of the initial flux into the domain, convergence has not been satisfied. Using a smaller timestep will usually solve most stability issues. If not, you should review the mesh quality. Abrupt transitions from very small to large elements can cause instability, as well as elements with small interior angles. Good luck.
  9. Hi All, I have a model in Visual Modflow Classic and trying to run WinPEST using concentration values in the objective function. When I used head values as the objective function to estimate parameters with PEST, it ran fine. But when I use only concentration values, I keep getting an error: "Cannot open model output file "projectname.001.COB." I am running everything as an administrator and cannot even find a .COB file on my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program, tried different versions of the models, and even changed the number of concentration observations to reduce complexity. I can't get PEST to run. Anyone ever see this error or have recommendations on what to do? Thanks so much!
  10. Hi, I'm a student and I'm woking with WMS 11.0, I want to run a stochastic simulation using Manning's coefficients as Stochastic variables, the results of the simulation yields that there is a 100% fllod or 0% wich I think is not accurate, plus there is an error message that seems to pop u during the simulation about WMSRAS.exe. I don't know how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
  11. Dear Lalith, Thanks for your response and precious feedback. As you mentioned, solid cannot be directly mapped into UGrid. I used horizons ("Horizons -> UGrid") to map on UGrid and now this step is finished. I have another question about "Material IDs" in the LPF Package of UGrid MODFLOW. I have four layers model in which last two layers have same material IDs; so, how I can can copy the IDs from third layer and past for fourth layer? It was easy in regular Grid to copy the material IDs from one layer and use for another layer. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration and looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Azi
  12. As far I know solids can't be mapped to UGrids. You need to directly map the boreholes with horizons, cross sections, TIN and Raster Catalogs to Ugrids using "Horizons -> UGrid ". Did you assign Horizons to boreholes before you start this mapping?
  13. I originally had the weir BC snapped to the top edges of the wall, I moved the weir BC to snap to the bottom edges of the wall. This seems to have fixed the problems at the weir and upstream from it. I am still having problems downstream of the weir and around the box culvert further downstream.
  14. Photos wouldn't post in original. This is the weir structure.
  15. All, I am setting up an SMS SRH-2D model that has a dam/weir structure in the main channel. I have assigned three weir BC's as there is three segments with different heights. The existing wall is about 20 inches wide. The *OUT.dat file says SRH-2D successfully executed, but the results vary greatly across each time step. I get successful runs at both high and low flow conditions with the same varying results. I thought I had the mesh and boundary conditions for the weir entered correctly, but I cannot figure out what is going on as this is my first attempt at using a weir structure. Does anyone know of a checklist of sorts that I can run through to confirm I set it up correctly? Any advice or tips? Thanks in advance!
  16. I am missing it also. It is unfortunately due to cost cuts of Aquaveo. Being able, to add own WMS-services with an adapted advanced button was still very helpful!!!
  17. Hello, I encountered a problem when I was trying to download Online Maps because the "Advanced button" is missed from "Get Online Maps" dialoge. I am using GMS 10.4.2. Any suggestions please.
  18. I looked in the SRH-2D directory for the Sim I ran and found the .srhgeom and .srhhyddro files both there. But, they were named after the main .sms project file, while all the other files were named after the Simulation Description and/or Case Name in the Model Control (both have same name). I changed the Simulation Description and Case Name to be the same as the main .sms project file, ran it and got output with no errors. Why these have to be the same I have no idea.
  19. Local IT does not give permission to save project files in C:\ drive with program files, and I can't see that being a normal way to run a big program like this.
  20. Have you tried moving them into the same directory and running it? If it still doesn't run, that is not the problem.
  21. I'm getting ".srhhydro input file not found. To read an _XMDFC.h5 solution file, the simulation's .srhhydro and .srhgeom files must be in the same directory" SRH-2D ran without an error and gave a good monitor point plot. Does the .sms project file need to be in some directory in relation to sms program files? This was not an issue with version 12
  22. Hi, I just switched from version 12 to version 13 of SMS, and I can't find any option to generate a quadratic mesh (6 nodes triangles) from a map in the new version. When I select Map -> 2D mesh, the mesh is automatically generated instead of displaying the 2D mesh option, and the result is a mesh with 3-nodes triangles. Is there any way to modify the mesh type back to quadratic in the new version? Thank you
  23. Same here, we were very surprised about the missing rectangular patch. Can you bring it back please? This feature was very useful and efficient to use
  24. Kieth, Since you are using such and old version of SMS, I think you will find this resolved in the current versions. The observation plots in SMS 13 have evolved significantly since SMS 11.1. Scott
  25. I would not use the obstructions. And you are welcome.
  26. I have made new meshes for each option and it appears the results are more consistent with what would be expected with the various culvert box sizes. For the culverts, would it be better to represent my vertical piers with obstructions in the BC or to add the small element along the sides? Thanks again for all the tips and advice in this thread.
  27. For the culvert option, check the culvert.dat file and compare them. The overtopping should be in there too if I remember right. You are correct about the pressure flow I think. You will need to adjust the walls to make it the right size. Also, remember that the velocity goes to 0 by the voids. That will affect your flow. Try to make a small element next to it to mitigate this effect.
  1. Load more activity